Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Riley's 15 Month Checkup




Riley recently turned 15 months and on Monday, I had the privilege of taking her to the doctors for her shots...yay! Ha-ha :-) We hadn't actually been in a while because she hadn't been sick in 3 months (shocker) so she really didn't remember the place when we went inside. I put her down while I paid and signed in and she pretty much walked around the office slapping all of the chairs. Then we waited for about 20 minutes and during that time, I met a really nice mom and chatted with her while Riley touched the chairs, fake trees, and anything else she could grab!

When it was our time to go in, we followed the nurse back and I'm not kidding you...from the moment she shut the door, the screaming began. It was like it ALL came back to Riley or something. I stripped her down and we got her weight, 24.6 pounds, and then the nurse measured her length and head. Right now her length is 33inches and her head circumfrence is 18 1/2 inches. We've always had big heads in our family so I'm not suprised! :-) My head alone fits into a men's size XX large helmet for the motorcycle! Sshhh...that's a secret :-)

Next came a routine series of questions...can she say 5 words or more, does she respond to commands, let's see how she walks, etc. The funny thing is that Riley pretty much tries to immitate most of the words that Bob and I say now so she definitely says more than 5! I think she is going to be a talker like her mommy :-) In the waiting room, one of the kids was saying, "pop...pop...pop" so Riley started saying, "pop...pop...pop." It was cute :-) She immitates TONS of words now!
They give us a yellow sheet each time we go for monthly shots and such that has lots of tips and helpful info on it. This time when I read the sheet, I liked how they described a 15 month old child. It says, "Recheck your house for safety-the 15 month old can be a mobile destruction unit." I laughed when I read that :-) A mobile destruction unit? Ha-ha :-) Too funny! And of course, it says to continue dental care. I wonder when a mom is supposed to start the dentist with their child. I know not right now but I am curious as to when that begins.
Finally, as a special treat, we went to Chick Fillet (Riley and I's favorite place to eat) and brought home food. What's funny is that Riley was eating her grilled chicken and I was eating fries and when she saw me dip my fries in the ketchup, she wanted to do it also! I finally relented and squirted some ketchup on her tray. Then I gave her some fries and waited anxiously to see what kind of face she would make when she tried the ketchup. Well it was hillarious! She dipped and ate, dipped and ate and I was just like, "What? You like ketchup??" I have no idea if she really does or not. She may have just been copying me. But the sour expression was priceless! For some reason, she kept going on though! And I laughed and grabbed the camera of course :-)

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to watch them copy everything! But, of course, then you have to remember that they will copy EVERYTHING (that was my grandmotherish comment for the day)!! And, seriously, who wouldn't love french fries and ketchup!?!? You have seriously started soemthing!

    ReplyDelete