Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy 21st Birthday Em!







Yesterday, Monday, was my sister Emily's 21st birthday. She and I are 10 years apart (I will be 31 in January) and have lived apart most of our lives. I can honestly say though that through all these years and all the many things we have been through, together and separately, I have loved her with such an amazing love and it has only continued to grow and deepen as the years have gone by. I am so proud of her and as I write this, I just wish I could give her a million hugs today and tell her how much I love her.

If you know Emily, you know she has one of the biggest hearts on the face of the planet and I have always loved that about her. Emily has had to face more than anyone should ever have to face for being only 21 and I just wish I could take away so much of that pain that she's had to endure.

I lived with Emily for a year when I was in the 9th grade (I was 15 and she was only 5) and that year was probably one of my favorite years when I look back on years past. She was such an adorable and sweet girl (and still is) and I just loved getting to know her and her siblings and get closer to them.

No matter how far apart or what live brings, I will always hold a special place in my heart for my sweet sister Emily. No miles between us or amount of time past can ever affect my love for her :-)

Em I hope you had an amazing and wonderful birthday and I hope you know how much you mean to so many people. You are one of a kind and will always be loved deeply by so many and especially by me! Our sisterly bond is unique, special and one of a kind :-)

4 comments:

  1. Erica,

    I haven't even seen more than half of those pictures!! I LOVE them! Just like the ones with Tyler - I would love to have some of them. When did you take that one with Chris?? and gotta love that one on the Harleys...you two are beautiful!! My two favorites:)

    I so wish you were closer so you could celebrate more with us - we all miss you! Love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy,

    You are so sweet, and everything you wrote made me smile! :-) I love you like crazy and can't wait to see you again!

    But these pictures! O, those have to go :-) It's like my own personal timeline of bad hair and makeup :-) Not to mention my outfit choices :-) Who wears a leopard tank top or a necklace big enough to hang myself with? :-)

    love you love you love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Em I have to say that I laughed HYSTERICALLY when I read your comments :-) Your hair and makeup are absolutely beautiful though and alas, since I'm in control of this computer and the password to the blog, I really don't think I'll be deleting those GORGEOUS pictures of you! Love you SO MUCH!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are funny!! But, exactly what is going on with black necklace?!?!?

    ReplyDelete