Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ms. Betty's Birthday







For those of you who didn't know, our sweet and dear family friend Ms. Betty celebrated a birthday this past Sunday! Bob, Riley and I had the privilege of being there and what fun we had getting together! For a little bit of history, Ms. Betty has been in my life since I was probably 7 years old. Very young! She was our next door neighbor growing up and you could always find her door open and homemade cookies somewhere on the counter. As children, my siblings and I went over there all the time to play in her backyard, visit her parrot Albert or eat something sweet. She was and is one of the sweetest, most loving people I know.
One of the exciting parts of the evening was Ms. Betty's son Kyle and daughter in law Jane were there and they are expecting their first child, daughter Olivia, in less than 5 weeks! So exciting! It was fun talking baby stuff for a while and reliving my own birth experience as I shared with Jane. How quickly that time passes!

Riley was highly entertained throughout the night with neat Sesame street toys that Ms. Betty had, a butterfly garden out back, and Baby Einstein...of course :-) She hasn't seen Sesame street yet but I am thinking I will try it soon because she really loves puppets and was enoying the Sesame street toys so much.
Ms. Betty had toys, a high chair and even a huge package of diapers to send us home with at the end of the night. But of course, this has always been Ms. Betty...sweet, loving and so giving. That is why I say it was nothing but a privilege to share in her birthday celebration. I couldn't have been anywhere else :-)

Oh yes, one more thing...I think I ate more Chinese food than I have ever eaten in my life. Kyle and Bob ordered a smorgasbord of different kinds for us all to try and sweet Kyle and Jane even paid for it. Thanks guys! That was really sweet of you both :-)

2 comments:

  1. I know Miss Betty is such a sweet blessing in your life - I'm so thankful for all she has been to you throughout your life! Very special...and I'm glad Riley is able to get to know her, too!

    Chinese food, huh? I suppose you had those soy beans?!? :) kinda funny that soy beans can be such a popular menu item!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee-hee....no we actually didn't have those! I can't remember what they're called now but I'll found out. I think it starts with an "a" or something. We just ordered tons of different kinds of combos :-)

    ReplyDelete