We ended up putting a UV protective outfit on Riley so she wouldn't get burnt and that thing really works well. The only part that got a little red was her face. But she had a hat on the entire time so it wasn't bad. The hard part is trying to decide if we should put sunblock on her face or not. If we do, then she usually rubs it RIGHT into her eyes and starts screaming. Then she is miserable from that point on. So we didn't do too much block on her face...just the hat.
Riley's 2 favorite things to do at the beach were 1) eat the sand (gross!) and 2) chase the seagulls. She LOVED both of those. When she was sitting on the beach with Bob, she ate tons of sand and although we tried to prevent it, the effort was pointless. Somehow she still got it in her mouth. And yes, I have been seeing odd things like sand and stuff come out the other end lately. Hee-hee :-)
The greatest thing about the entire day, I think, was that my Aunt Brenda brought her 10x10 easy up tent. It was so awesome! She and my brother set it up and it was HUGE! Everyone was able to sit under it comfortably and Brenda pretty much slept under that thing and didn't get any sun. It worked really well and was perfect for when Riley fell asleep in my mom's arms (see picture above).
I think Bob's favorite thing about the entire day was the cucumber salad my aunt Brenda made. I love this stuff too but Bob was crazy for it! She cut up some cucumbers and tomatoes and then added a small amount of onions. Then she added some suger and vinegar and I think something else and wow was it good! Bob polished off this for all of us :-)
This will probably be the last time we go to the beach for a while because the weather is starting to get cooler here. I can say for sure though that Riley is definitely going to be a little beach girl :-)
You guys look great!! That first picture of your family - its amazing how much all three of them look alike...but especially Katie and Cindy!! Goodness.
ReplyDeleteLast summer, we went to the beach and our friend had one of those tents - I loved it!! I mean, that's the only way to do the beach in my opinion...in the shade!! I so need one of those :)
Hope Miss Roo is feeling better....and stops eating that sand!! Kisses to her!