I have to say that I have never seen a dog and a baby so close. Elmo and Riley are completely partners in crime, ha-ha :-) I say this because usually when one is getting into trouble, the other is right there. They also are rule breakers, big time! For example, Riley knows not to throw food down to Elmo and of course, Elmo knows not to take it. So they have this little hidden system where she sneaks it to him and he gobbles it up quickly.
Bathroom time for Elmo has also become huge entertainment for Riley lately. She LOVES to go outside with us because she can run all over the front yard. She points to the flowers, touches the grass and basically goes up and down the sidewalk. And of course, not only does Riley loves nature, but so does the dog. As long as Riley doesn't try going to the bathroom outside now, I'll be happy :-)
Now don't get me wrong. I LOVE that they are both best buddies. It's great sometimes when you want child entertainment and the dog is there for Riley to play with. This can be a HUGE problem however when both of them gang up on you for attention! See the picture above where Riley is on my legs and Elmo is trying to lick my face :-)
Elmo has been in Riley's life since she was born and actually a few days before we brought her home even! Bob's mom snuck a hospital blanket home that Riley had been wrapped up in so that Elmo could sniff it and get used to her smell. From the moment we walked in the door, he wanted to sniff her, lick her and be right next to her. And she has loved every minute of it!
I think probably my favorite time each day is in the morning from 7:00am to 7:30am. Riley wakes up and I bring her in the bed with me. Then Bob takes Elmo to the bathroom and he jumps in the bed with me. Then we all watch Baby Einstein and I lie there with my almost 2 children and love on each of them :-) It's so fun playing with Riley's hair and petting Elmo and the best part is that they let me because they are still too tired to fight it.
I think my favorite picture in this post though is the one of the both of them all tuckered out after swimming in the pool all day. They both are sitting in this green chair and completely wiped out. Too cute...my little partners in crime :-)
What a pair! I'm glad that have always been so close...not everyone who already had a "baby" was so lucky to have a pup so willing to share Mommy and Daddy's attention! So cute to see them play together :)
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are having a fun weekend!!