Friday, September 11, 2009

Early Christmas Present








Nana recently showed me a Christmas present that she and Pa bought for Riley. Well I have to say that Nana and I decided that Riley probably couldn't wait for her Christmas present and that she should get it early. So we gave it to her the other day :-)

It was basically this huge box of different size balls that are all different colors and textured with these pointy things on them. I left them on the table overnight and the next morning, I came out and saw Riley sitting on the floor with the box and trying to get the balls out. It was too cute :-) So I ran and got the scissors and opened the box in the kitchen and then she proceeded to squeal, hit them, run after them and carry them around the kitchen.

We definitely have had fun with those balls. It's so fun to get random things that bring excitement to an otherwise normal day! What's funny is that a few months ago, Riley and I went to this trial class for free at Gymboree and they had all of these textured balls. It was definitely one of Riley's favorite things to play with. They sold them at Gymboree but I remember thinking, "Way too expensive for a set of balls!" So I didn't get them. And now we have them! Thanks Nana and Pa!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those look like a lot of fun - and, you know...if Riley plays with them for a month or so and then you put them away...she could still open them for Christmas and I guarantee she will enjoy them just like it was the first time she opened them!!

    Christmas is going to be so much fun for you guys this year!!

    ReplyDelete